Stuffed and Smoked Mushroom Caps Recipe
Looking for a tasty and healthy appetizer? Our stuffed and smoked mushroom cap recipe features tender mushroom caps filled with a delicious mix of cheese then slow-smoked for a smoky, satisfying taste that will leave you wanting more.
Mushrooms - stems removed
1 Large head of garlic
1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the smoker to 320ºF (160ºC). Finely chop half of the stems
2. Combine chopped mushroom stems, stuffing mix, cheese, butter, and onion in a bowl.
3. Mix until well blended.
4. Spoon about 1 tsp mushroom mixture into each mushroom cap.
5. Place them on an ungreased baking tray sheet.
6. Smoke for 12 minutes or until completely heated. Serve them while they’re still warm.
1. Preheat the smoker to 225ºF (107ºC).
2. Cut the top off the garlic head, place it onto a tray in your smoker, and drizzle with 1 tbsp of the olive oil over the garlic
3. Place the garlic in the smoker for 45 minutes. When the garlic is soft and brown, it’s done.
4. Let the garlic cool down, then scoop out half as an ingredient in a recipe. It’s also pretty good just to mix it with salt and spread it on some crusty bread.
Recipe by: Marc's on the Grill